If you want to improve your skills in this field, please contact us for our in-house training sessions, or visit these Summer School pages:
- Bell, A. and Garrett, P. (1998) Approaches to media discourse. Blackwell.
- Bell, A. (1991) The language of the news. Blackwell.
- Bloor, M. and Bllor, T. (2007) The practice of critical discourse analysis. An introduction. Hodder.
- Fowler, R. (1991) Language in the news. Discourse and ideology in the press. Routledge.
- Jørgensen, M. and Phillips, L. (2002) Discourse analysis. As theory and method. SAGE.
- Machin, D. and Mayr, A. (2012) How to do critical discourse analysis. A multimodal introduction. SAGE.
- Richardson, J. (2007) Analysing newspapers. An approach from critical discourse analysis. Palgrave.
- Van Leeuwen, T. (2008) Discourse and practice. New tools for critical discourse analysis. Oxford University Press.
This post is part of our series of posts with similar themes:
- Our Research Paper Template for Textual/Visual/Multimodal Media Analysis
- Our Template for Research into Discourses, Signs and Frames with Qualitative Research Methods
- What are the Key Questions in Visual Analysis?
- Do Our Media Reflect Reality Accurately?
- Critical Discourse Analysis [Reading List]
- Media Representations, National Identity and Foreign Policy [Reading List]
- Media Studies, Media Theory and Society [Reading List]
- Multimodal Analysis and Text-Image Relations [Reading List]
- News Framing Analysis [Reading List]
- Social Semiotics [Reading List]
- Visual Analysis, Photojournalism and News Images [Reading List]