Political Risk Analysis
If you want to improve your skills in this field, please contact us for our in-house training sessions, or visit these Summer School pages:
McKellar, R. (2010) A short guide to political risk. Gower. Accessible and affordable introduction to political risk analysis that addresses conceptual issues, political risk assessment and political risk management.
These sources offer you different perspectives on the possible links between political and economic trends. Examples are the economic costs of violence, the impact of political risk on financial markets and frameworks to assess the impact of politics on economics.
- BBC News – Political risk returns to the financial markets
- Forbes – Political Risk Can’t Be Avoided, But It Can Be Managed
- Globe and Mail – Markets ignore political risks until economic growth threatened
- GPM First – Assessing Political Risk [Chapter 4 from aforementioned book]
- IMF – How Does Political Instability Affect Economic Growth?
- INC.com – How to Calculate Political Risk [by Ian Bremmer]
- INSEAD – Identifying, assessing and mitigating political risk
- Institute for Economics and Peace – The Economic Cost of Violence Containment. A Comprehensive Assessment Of The Global Cost Of Violence [pdf file]
- MIGA – Investment And Political Risk In Conflict-Affected And Fragile Economies [pdf file]
- RAND – The cost of terrorism in Europe
- Tufts University – Building Capacity for Geopolitical Risk Analysis [pdf file]
- World Economic Forum – Conflict costs us $13.6 trillion a year. And we spend next to nothing on peace
This post is part of our series of posts with similar themes:
- Our Framework of Country Risk Concepts
- Our Framework of Country Risk Indicators
- Our Template for Country Risk Reports
- How do you select Country Risk Indicators?
- What do your Country Risk Indicators mean?
- How do you find Country Risk Data?
- Free E-Book about Country Risk Analysis
- How do you become Country Risk Analyst?
- Framing China as Large Export Market
- A Flexible Tool for Impact Assessment of Political Risk Indicators (by Gaia Verhulst)
- Interview with Kai Gehring: Rating Agencies, Sovereign Ratings and the Home Bias
- Macro-Economic Risk Indicators [Reading List]
- Political Risk Analysis [Reading List]
- Political Risk Data [Reading List]
- Political Risk Indicators [Reading List]
- Sovereign Risk Ratings, Government Debt Defaults and Emerging Market Bond Spreads [Reading List]
- Transfer Risk Definition, Methodology and Ratings [Reading List]