If you want to improve your skills in this field, please contact us for our in-house training sessions, or visit these Summer School pages:
- Barthes, J. (1977) image, music, text. Fontana Press.
- Bignell, J. (2002) Media semiotics. An introduction. Manchester University Press.
- Chandler, D. (2007) Semiotics. The basics. 2nd Edn. Routledge.
- Danesi, M. (2002) Understanding media semiotics. Arnold.
- Hall, S. (2012) This means this. This means that. A user’s guide to semiotics. 2nd Edn. Lawrence King.
- Hodge, R. and Kress, G. (1988) Social semiotics. Polity Press.
- Van Leeuwen, T. (2005) Introducing social semiotics. Routledge.
This post is part of our series of posts with similar themes:
- Our Research Paper Template for Textual/Visual/Multimodal Media Analysis
- Our Template for Research into Discourses, Signs and Frames with Qualitative Research Methods
- What are the Key Questions in Visual Analysis?
- Do Our Media Reflect Reality Accurately?
- Critical Discourse Analysis [Reading List]
- Media Representations, National Identity and Foreign Policy [Reading List]
- Media Studies, Media Theory and Society [Reading List]
- Multimodal Analysis and Text-Image Relations [Reading List]
- News Framing Analysis [Reading List]
- Social Semiotics [Reading List]
- Visual Analysis, Photojournalism and News Images [Reading List]