If you want to improve your skills in this field, please contact us for our in-house training sessions, or visit these Summer School pages:
- Howells, R. and Negreiros (2012) Visual culture. 2nd Ed. Polity.
- Kress, G. and Van Leeuwen, T. (2006) Reading images. The grammar of visual design. Routledge.
- Langton, L. (2009) Photojournalism and today’s news. Creating visual reality. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Rose, G. (2012) Visual Methodologies. An introduction to researching with visual materials. SAGE.
- Van Leeuwen, T. and Jewitt, C. (2001) Handbook of visual analysis. SAGE.
This post is part of our series of posts with similar themes:
- Our Research Paper Template for Textual/Visual/Multimodal Media Analysis
- Our Template for Research into Discourses, Signs and Frames with Qualitative Research Methods
- What are the Key Questions in Visual Analysis?
- Do Our Media Reflect Reality Accurately?
- Critical Discourse Analysis [Reading List]
- Media Representations, National Identity and Foreign Policy [Reading List]
- Media Studies, Media Theory and Society [Reading List]
- Multimodal Analysis and Text-Image Relations [Reading List]
- News Framing Analysis [Reading List]
- Social Semiotics [Reading List]
- Visual Analysis, Photojournalism and News Images [Reading List]